Iran says US offered oil waiverIran's Tasnim news agency reported on Monday that the US had agreed to waive sanctions on Tehran's oil exports during the negotiation period.
The oil waiver is among Tehran's key demands to agree to a peace deal and reopen the Strait of Hormuz.
However, the US hasn’t confirmed offering a waiver, which would be in place until a final agreement is achieved, according to Tasnim news agency.
"We don't have much time," the source was quoted as saying, adding that both countries "keep changing their goalposts".
A total of 55 commodity vessels crossed the strategic waterway between May 11 and 17, according to data from Kpler, marking a sharp increase from the previous week, when just 19 vessels crossed.
This comes after President Trump turned down Iran's fresh peace proposal to stop ongoing West Asia crisis, saying that it it falls short of expectations and does not represent any meaningful progress towards a deal, reported Axios, citing a senior US official and a source briefed on the matter.
Iran says US offered oil waiver
Iran's Tasnim news agency reported on Monday that the US had agreed to waive sanctions on Tehran's oil exports during the negotiation period. The oil waiver is among Tehran's key demands to agree to a peace deal and reopen the Strait of Hormuz. However, the US hasn’t confirmed offering a waiver, which would be in place until a final agreement is achieved, according to Tasnim news agency.
Pakistan shares revised Iran proposal with US
As Baqaei said that its concerns were conveyed to the US by Pakistan, a Reuters report, citing Pakistani sources, said that Pakistan has shared with Washington a revised proposal from Iran to end the conflict in the Middle East.
"We don't have much time," the source was quoted as saying, adding that both countries "keep changing their goalposts".
Update on Hormuz
Traffic through the Strait of Hormuz was slightly higher last week, returning to levels in line with the average recorded since the start of the Middle East conflict after hitting a wartime low.
A total of 55 commodity vessels crossed the strategic waterway between May 11 and 17, according to data from Kpler, marking a sharp increase from the previous week, when just 19 vessels crossed.
Israel-Lebanon strike
Israeli strikes have killed more than 3,000 people in Lebanon since the start of the war between Hezbollah and Israel on March 2, the health ministry said, after an April 17 ceasefire failed to stop the fighting.
"The total cumulative toll of the aggression from March 2 to May 18 is now as follows: 3,020 martyrs and 9,273 wounded," the ministry said, with 211 people aged 18 and under and 116 healthcare workers among the dead.