U.S. President Donald Trump and Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had a tense phone call over the future course of the war on Iran as Washington appeared to be in favour of a deal instead of the resumption of strikes, U.S. media reported.
Iran said on Wednesday (May 20, 2026) it was examining a new U.S. proposal to end the war in West Asia, as President Donald Trump described the talks as being on the “borderline” between a deal and renewed strikes.
Mr. Trump, who said earlier that negotiations were in their “final stages,” later warned that the window for diplomacy could close quickly.
Also read: Envoys and theological overturesIran’s Revolutionary Guards warned on Wednesday (May 20, 2026), saying, “if the aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will this time spread far beyond the region, and our devastating blows will crush you”.
U.S. President Donald Trump and Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had a tense phone call over the future course of the war on Iran as Washington appeared to be in favour of a deal instead of the resumption of strikes, U.S. media reported.
Iran said on Wednesday (May 20, 2026) it was examining a new U.S. proposal to end the war in West Asia, as President Donald Trump described the talks as being on the “borderline” between a deal and renewed strikes. Mr. Trump, who said earlier that negotiations were in their “final stages,” later warned that the window for diplomacy could close quickly.
Also read: Envoys and theological overtures
Iran’s Revolutionary Guards warned on Wednesday (May 20, 2026), saying, “if the aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will this time spread far beyond the region, and our devastating blows will crush you”.